“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?” ―GOD (Psalm 94:16) JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN!!! “I am the way, the truth, and the life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father, BUT BY ME.” —Jesus Christ (John 14:6)


King James Bible Audio Drama with Music and Sound Effects

Monday, January 26, 2015

I STAYED IN THE GIRLS' DORMITORY

Pastor Jack Hyles’ Favorite
Soul Winning Experiences

Dr. Jack Hyles — American Hero
by Pastor Jack Hyles (1926-2001)


I STAYED IN THE GIRLS' DORMITORY

Once I spoke at a Bible Institute in Georgia. When I arrived at the college, I was taken to my room. Was I surprised to find that I was staying in the girls' dormitory! Yes, you got it right the girls' dormitory. This was enough of a shock, but that wasn't all. I stayed in the back corner of the girls' dormitory, which meant that I had to walk past all of the rooms and through a big parlor to get to my room. In the parlor there were sofas, pianos, etc. where the girls would lounge. Hence, when I entered the dormitory I had to cry loudly, "THERE'S A MAN IN THE HOUSE!" Then the girls would scamper, each to her own room, peeking out the door to be sure I was safely tucked away in my own room before they came out again. What embarrassment! Can you imagine coming in after a service at night, hollering loudly, "There's a man in the house!" and then walking awkwardly past the dormitory doors and down the parlor to your room!

We had a wonderful conference. On the closing night I spoke on a burden for lost sinners. After a wonderful service and a time of fellowship around the altar with many of the people, I returned to my room. For the last time I was to walk into the dormitory, holler loudly, "There's a man in the house!" and timidly walk down the middle of that parlor that seemed to be a four-lane highway down the middle of Main Street.

To my surprise, however, all the girls were waiting for me at the door. I immediately thought perhaps they were giving me a little farewell party. Then I noticed that each girl had her housecoat on, her hair rolled up, and the usual "junk" on her face. Can you feature how I felt when I walked in the dormitory to find all those girls waiting for me in such a condition? (I guess I felt like Solomon when he came home at night!)

When I inquired as to the purpose of their waiting up for me, they all began to praise the Lord with tears running down their cheeks, telling me of some wonderful things that had happened. Several of them had gotten so burdened for their loved ones that they had come back to the dorm and made long-distance calls to them. Several loved ones had been saved over the telephone. What a tremendous revival we had as we rejoiced over the salvation of mothers and fathers!

One girl had called long distance to Pennsylvania, and with a sobbing voice she won her daddy to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Winning folks on the telephone is not really a new thing with many soul winners. It has been my joy to win several people to Christ over the telephone. Just a few months ago, after our evening service, a young man was so under conviction that he called me and said that he had to get saved immediately. I told him over the phone how to be saved. I prayed with him; he prayed the "sinner's prayer" and was sweetly converted over the telephone. The next Sunday morning he came forward and was baptized.

There is a fine lady in our church now whom I led to Christ over the telephone a few years ago. This is just another way of winning souls for the Lord Jesus Christ.

As I left the Bible Institute I was made to rejoice that I had stayed in the girls' dormitory. My awkward walk and timid crying of "There's a man in the house!" became worth it all as many of the girls had become telephone soul winners.

Table of Contents 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66


More Life Changing Sermons by Dr. Jack Hyles:

Printed | Audio

Do you know for sure that if you died today,
you would go to Heaven? You can know!

Click Here to find out how!

If we emphasize little the old familiar notes of Calvary, of hell, of sin... we sound our death knell dig our grave, write our epitaph. - R.G. Lee

Old Fashioned Bible Preaching

“Who is on the Lord's side?” (Exodus 32:26)

"I am an old-fashioned preacher of the old-time religion, that has warmed this cold world's heart for two thousand years." Billy SUNDAY


How does a person get to Heaven?

Ye Must Be Born Again! | You Need HIS Righteousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The simple, clear Gospel of God’s Grace
— The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Clear presentation of the Gospel message.
You can be saved and secure forever!
 

God loves you! (John 3:16)
Sin separates us from God. (Romans 3:23)
Heaven is a perfect place. (Revelation 21:27)
The penalty for sin is eternal separation from God. (Romans 6:23)
Good works will not save. (Titus 3:5)
Salvation is a free gift. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Jesus died for you, in your place. (II Corinthians 5:21)
By simply believing on Jesus, you have eternal life. (John 6:47)
You can know for sure that you have eternal life. (I John 5:13)

For more information contact office@northlandchurch.com

Website: http://www.northlandchurch.com/index.cfm



FREE E-BOOKLETS (.PDF) BY DR. THOMAS M. CUCUZZA

HOW TO BE SURE YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN
A Clear and Simple Explanation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ


Download

THE PERMANENCE OF SALVATION
Twelve Reasons Why "Once Saved, Always Saved" Is True


Download

 
REPENTANCE
Its Meaning and Application


Download

 
FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD
What Does It Mean?
A detailed study on one of the most controversial passages in the Bible


Download



I NEVER KNEW YOU, The Horror Of The Great White Throne Judgment And How You Can Avoid it By Michael Patrick Bowen

I NEVER KNEW YOU 

The Horror
Of
The Great White Throne Judgment
And
How You Can Avoid It

MICHAEL PATRICK BOWEN

 
Hard Copies Are Available! ...
Order Books From AMAZON.COM
I NEVER KNEW YOU, The Horror Of The Great White Throne Judgment And How You Can Avoid it By Michael Patrick Bowen